08 Sep 10 Ways to support your husband as a new dad
Posted at 04:13h in Blog
Throughout the pregnancy it’s all about how mum can be supported, then once bub arrives it is all about bub. But what about dad? Here are 10 ways to support your husband as a new dad!
- Give Him Opportunities to Bond: Suggest dad gives baths, rocks the baby to sleep after a feeding, or does tummy time activities.
- Provide Direction: Your husband may not have those motherly instincts that you do (surprise, surprise)! Give him suggestions.
- Tell Him What You Need: Believe it or not, your husband wants the best for you and the baby. He wants to help you in any way he can. Sometimes he just needs you to tell him what you need!
- Be Patient: Remember, your husband is learning just like you are.
- Give Encouragement: Thank him for all that he does for you and the baby and encourage him to keep trying.
- Listen to His Suggestions
- Work as a Team: Raising a baby is hard work! You both want to know you have support from each other, which will make each day and all the challenges that come with the job easier and more enjoyable for both you, your partner and even your little one!
- Trust him
- Ask Him How You Can Help Him
- Let Him Know You Appreciate Him